You can use a 48 V battery on 37 V OHM e-bike systems, if the system is using CanBus communication. Depending on the model, a 48 V battery can increase the battery range by about 20% (8,8 Ah model). In any case an appropriate power supply has to be purchased with every 48 V battery. Unfortunately I²C systems are not compatible with 48 V batteries. The compatibility of the battery and the docking station always needs to be verified.
Articles in this section
- 2017 Order FAQ
- Why hub motor vs mid drive?
- How do I change a flat tire?
- Is a 48V battery compatible with a 37 V system?
- Are there any fast-chargers for batteries?
- Are the consoles interchangeable?
- What are the benefits of the cassette motor?
- Can I replace individual parts of the electric motor on my own?
- Where do I find the serial number on my bike?
- How long will the battery last?