Yes, the G2 consoles (from software version 4.4. onwards) work on older systems using CanBUS communication. They won’t work with systems using I²C communication. The G2 consoles with serial number 3205 can be replaced by consoles with serial numbers 2331 and 2332 (G1 with throttle), but not those with serial number 2005.
Articles in this section
- 2018 CITY Pre-order FAQ
- Why hub motor vs mid drive?
- Is a 48V battery compatible with a 37 V system?
- Are there any fast-chargers for batteries?
- Are the consoles interchangeable?
- What are the benefits of the cassette motor?
- Can I replace individual parts of the electric motor on my own?
- Where do I find the serial number on my bike?
- How long will the battery last?
- Can the battery recharge while riding?